Monday, December 9, 2013

Dominican Republic Donation Letter




Dear Family and Friends,
            I’ll bet when you got this letter from me, you expected to hear about another trip to Ghana and tending to our orphans at Cherubs children's Home. Well, SURPRISE!  God is directing me to follow a different path this upcoming summer. I will be going to the Dominican Republic with Stoney Creek Church for a week at the end of July.  Our mission team of young adults and leaders from the church will be assisting in minor construction, helping with the children’s ministry, and street evangelism in Santiago, Dominican Republic, and spreading the word of God the entire week.
            When I heard about this trip, my first thought was “Why aren’t we going back to Ghana?” I really did not want to go to the Dominican. I wanted to go back to MY kids at MY orphanage. Over the past two weeks, God has really been speaking to me. Matthew 28:19-20 reads, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Jesus said to make disciples of ALL nations, not just the nations you are comfortable in. Two years ago, my comfortable nation was the United States and God sent me to Ghana to love on some awesome kids and to make disciples. Now he is taking me out of my comfort zone, once again, to go somewhere I have never been.  
            Prayer is needed for everyone going on this trip. Even though I know I am called to go, I am nervous. My biggest fear is that I will constantly compare the Dominican to Ghana. It is hard to grasp that I will not be seeing “my kids” this summer. A part of my heart will belong to the Cherub Children’s Home and all of the special babies that live there, but the Lord has opened this new door in my life and I feel called to serve. Knowing that this is a totally new experience in a totally new place, I need all the prayers I can.
            If you are able to help financially with this trip, please forward your donation to me with the check or money order payable to “Stoney Creek Church.” In the Memo, put Dominican Republic Trip/Kelly Kimble. Please mail any donations to 
Kelly Ann Kimble, 604 E. Raintree Ln, Goldsboro NC 27534. 
Any contributions are tax deductible. An accounting of all funds will be available, should you desire to see it, upon our return from the Dominican Republic. With your help and support, I look forward to expanding my knowledge and the kingdom of God with the people of the Dominican Republic!

Above all, I ask you to please Pray for our Mission Team:

  • ·      We will allow God to work through us as we serve the people of Santiago, Dominican Republic. 
  • ·      That God will keep us safe. 
  • ·      We will encourage the people of Santiago and meet their needs. 
  • ·      That God will prepare the hearts of everyone we will come into contact with while in Santiago and during travels. 

 


   Yours in Christ,
Kelly Ann Kimble